Friday, January 1, 2021

This is 2021

 


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all made it out of 2020 safe and healthy. While everyone had a tough time, I hope some good came out of that garbage year too. 

2021 has started off with the same uncertainty that flowed through 2020 like the Mississippi River. But not all of it is bad- I might be getting a job soon. I interviewed back in December, and while we aren't officially being told if we passed on to the next stage or not until January 6th, the website this company uses updates your application status, and mine currently says eligible list. I haven't worked in almost eleven years, so I am nervous to say the least. My kids aren't thrilled at the idea of me not being around as much anymore, but its really time for me to get out and make some money. I have spent almost eleven years volunteering like its my job- but the lack of paycheck has contributed a lot to my burnout (did I just admit that I'm tired of volunteering? I never thought I'd utter those words). 

2021 will see a continued version of my health journey (that post is coming soon). Depending on the job, that might change it a lot (and if I don't get it, then I have nothing to worry about). But I have to try because I have learned that I am tired of being stagnant. That's another one of those realizations that I didn't think I'd ever come to. I have felt uncomfortable and unhappy about a lot of things for a very long time, and last year gave me all the (unwanted) time to really think about and magnify those things. And I can't really ignore them anymore. 

I don't have any particularly inspirational quote to leave you with- so I will just say that I hope this year is a great one- whatever that looks like for you. We're all still here, and living is half the battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment